Wednesday 31 October 2012

Layers

After a long search I still only have this gilet. I've worn it on my grey jacket a few times and I'd say it works quite well. They're quite similar stylewise, and the colors play along.




This time the other pieces were a simple white shirt, slim khaki chinos and my longwings. Details include a rust red silk tie, red coral beads bracelet and a dark brown bridle leather belt. Underneath a white cotton pocket square. The cashmere wool jacket and the gilet on top keeps the warmth well and after a walk to the nearest grocery store I was actually more hot than cold.




Really love this tie, and the colors pops up nicely without being too bright. The shirt is semi-heavy cotton twill that's pretty comfortable in the zero degreeish weather. A bit sprezz knot adds a nice touch to the overall outfit.








The shoes are not the perfect shape, but the leather has been a positive surprise. When worn with slim chinos or jeans they're actually quite handsome. The thicker sole brings that bit of heaviness and roughness needed when the weather gets colder, and the colors is rather beautiful.



7 comments:

  1. Very nice outfit, especialy the tie is superb! Finally the temperatures have dropped in my contry too so I can do layers too

    Vali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there,

      That's a good way to find some positive from dropping temperatures. Did you get that double breasted gilet btw?

      Delete
    2. No, I decided to cut the chlotes budget and save up for a timepiece.

      Vali

      Delete
  2. Snow already. Worse than Canada. On an unrelated matter, do you have Hallowe'en in Finland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peter,

      Yeah, and in northern Finland it's been white already for a long time. Halloween as a more popular phenomenon is quite a new thing to Finland and I would say Europe in general. Imported by the capitalistic machine to sell more stuff of course. :)

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Finland but I'm sure it has some incredibile places that look surreal in wintertime. And given that it probabily is the most developed country in Europe I'm sure it has the problems the population is facing with the snow all sorted out.

    So snow already? It's very funny to me how you see snow as such a bad thing, assuming the roads are clean, what's so bad about it? If I'm lucky I get 3-4 weeks of snow dispersed for the whole winter and almost never arround Christmas. Since my girlfriend went to study in Switzerland this year I hope to spend the winter holidays totaly surrounded by snow.

    On another note I totaly agree with you on the imported holidays matter

    Vali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, some places look pretty stunning during the winter and snow isn't a problem. Lapland (Levi for example) is really worth a visit during winter.

      Also, I don't mind the snow really, it makes things a bit brighter when the ground is no longer black. The problem is that the winter here is very long and it's dark all the time and quite cold. The ideal winter temperature would be around -2 to -5 Celsius, but the -25 degrees and downwards doesn't really encourage to any kind of heroic sartorial feats. :)

      Delete