Wednesday 22 August 2012

Helsinki



Last weekend me and my girlfriend decided to have a small weekend trip to Helsinki. Even though it's a city that I tend to visit quite often all year round, a small visit out of the oridinary routines was quite nice, especially so in the weather we had.




The only item you really need to do a trip like this the right way, is a nice and classy holdall/weekender bag. I think I need to get a canvas one in navy for next spring and summer, preferably with light tan or dark brown leather parts.




What I have on me in the pictures was a Barba Napoli shirt, 3.25" brown pin dot silk tie, brown/cream pocket square and a pair of khaki chinos from Brooks Brothers. Shoes were, again, my beloved 39 dollar pair of Aldens, courtesy of eBay.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderfull blog you have here! Great inspiration and tips. I really like that you incorporate ties even in your casual outfits, that is so rare... My workplace has a casual dress code so I sometimes feel like an outkast for wearing ties almost every day, even with chinos and jeans (I'm sure the IT guys with greasy hair and Iron Maiden t-shits don't like me because of that :)) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I personally think that ties can be a part of any outfit, and are not necessarily just for the more formal combos. I don't like leaving home without a tie myself, so I have a rather big arsenal of casual ties - knit ties, rougher silk ties, wool ties etc. Let the nerds dislike your tie, the girls will love it. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have quite a big collection myself, most of the more casual ones by Drake's and the finer ones by Kiton bought with super high discounts. From what I have seen on your blog I absolutely adore the multicolored stripes knit one, it's something I haven't seen before.

    On another note, if I may ask, how do you find the quality of suitsupply? I've seen you in a very nice sportcoat on SF and I'm contemplating on ordering one online from their fw lineup. I've never seen anything by suitsupply in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that knit tie is from Berg & Berg. I really like the way it has been knit, and the colors are wonderful. I've been drooling at some of thoes zigzag knit ties from Drake's..

      I think the quality is okay for the price. The fabrics are very good and the craftmanship average, so especially at their Euro prices they are OK. I think the biggest problem is the lack of just oridinary and normal styles - almost all their fits tend to have all the style gimmicks stuffed into one and plain fabrics aren't too common. Hopefully that helps. :)

      Delete